cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Kavanagh <...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: XMLForm Question
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 17:05:52 GMT
I think you just need to restart the container (in your case, tomcat).
In theory, Tomcat use an adaptive classloader that you can configure (in
server.xml) to reload classes when they change. I was able to use this
feature when my web app was simple. Once I started having more statefull
information in memory, I really needed to restart the whole app (and
tomcat) when I changed my code.
BTW, If you were to use JBoss/Jetty, you should be able to take
advantage of the JBoss hot-deploy feature. The idea being if you touch
the web.xml under cocoon, jboss should redeploy the app, and pick up
your code change. At this point, JBoss exits when I try this. I'm sure
I'm doing something wrong.

David