cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Help: XML Searching/Indexing with Cocoon
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:34:56 GMT
> I'm trying to generate a index such that a search would present me
> usefull results. I have a pipeline that provides me all the XML
> content that I want to index on. I found out that I have to have URLs
> in there that I would later want to get as a result instead of just
> the content. So I see that the Cocoon crawler looks for these URLs and
> retrieves them. But still I get back as search result the URL that I
> used to retrieve the starting XML data. This is of course not at all
> what I want!

Jeremy Quinn posted a reply to one of my queries that suggested an answer to this
question. This is his XML to be indexed:

>  <title>title gets stored, then displayed with hit</title>
>  <summary>summary gets stored, then displayed with hit</summary>
>  all of my body content with tags stripped out

I only spotted this a few days ago (original message 18 March), but have not yet got a
response to my posting of a few days ago.

Let's hope he, or someone else, can enlighten us.

Regards, Upayavira

Regards, Upayavira