cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Getiing external XML data from XSL page
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 19:18:34 GMT
João César wrote:
> We're forward to that approach, but now there's one little trick that we do
> not know yet, for instance:
>
> <xsl:for-each select="topicos/item/idlist/id">
>       <xsl:variable name="id" select="."/>
>       <xi:include href=http://domain.com?get=id=$id/>
>  </xsl:for-each>
>
> How can we use the variable id to construct the href parameter ? we've tried
> $id and it didn't work
>
> We know that this is a newbie question... but we're new to cocoon, we've
> tried also to get the tag value by using {.} and {@id}

XSLT questions should be asked on the XSL list:
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
Well, actually reading one of the excellent XSLT books wouldn't hurt
either. BTW XSLT is a technology quite independent of Cocoon.

Your code isn't well-formed XML, as it should be, and the two equal
signs in the href query string are also suspicious. If you correct
for this, an AVT should work, for example
      <xi:include href="http://domain.com?get={$id}"/>
Depending on your server it may be necesary to correct the URL
      <xi:include href="http://domain.com/?get={$id}"/>

J.Pietschmann