cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: SourceWrite error :|
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 18:31:16 GMT
> Yeah... but that way I can do it grabbing the new data in the
> generator pipeline, and in the transformer grab the local repository
> to merge with, or grab the local data in the generator, and then grab
> the remote data on by xslt... what's easier?

I would use an aggregator:

<map:match pattern="xxxxx">
  <map:aggregate element="page">
    <map:part src="newcontent.xml"/>
    <map:part src="originalsource.xml/">
  </map:aggregate>
  <map:transform src="prepare-source.xsl"/>
  <map:transform type="source-writing"/>
  <map:transform src="source-result.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

Here you aggregate your two xmls into a single stream wrapped with a <page>
node. Then you transform these two xmls into a form ready for the source writing
transformer. Then you do the source write. Then, finally, you convert the result of
the write into html to present success or failure to the web user.

Make sense?

Regards, Upayavira