cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ROSSEL Olivier <olivier.ros...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: [wikiLand] Re: New version of wikiLand: 0.9
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:39:53 GMT
well, at the moment, the wiki you tried to access
is my phpWiki :-)
it is a bit broken (some unfortunate rm -Rf :-)

> you might want to repair this.  what i'd like to know is this:  what
> is so good about a wiki in java?

well, that's a good question.
what is good about wikiLand is that it is file based, and uses
cocoon cache facilities (cocoon automatically manages
cache, so you have much better perfs than with a database).
in fact, using cocoon as a base for a wiki makes it VERY easy
to extend. XSLT is definitely a good option for a wiki.

> also, running 4.6.2-RELEASE-p5, not
> beeing a friend of java, i simply don't know what runtime to get.
> does somebody run wikiland on freebsd and could tell me?

well you need a JVM 1.4. then you need tomcat for Java 1.4.
then you copy wikiland.war into the webapps/ directory of tomcat,
then you $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh
and you can access wikiland at
http://localhost:8080/wikiland/mount/editor/edit/see(wiki)/

Fell free to send any feedback.

PS: i am not sure cocoon-users are very interested in this.