cocoon-users mailing list archives

From cumming...@netscape.net (Steven Cummings)
Subject RE: Dynamic sitemap
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 17:20:50 GMT
This might be a far leap from the original request, but does anybody know if it is possible
in the future that we might get <map:if> and <map:choose> now that 2.1-dev has
simplified input modules? I know map:select already does basically what map:choose would do
(assuming similarity to the same xsl constructs), but with select's, the variable you're switching
on is hard-wired into the selector type. With input modules and something like map:choose,
some of the hard-coded selectors could become obsolete.

/S

Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_poetz@gmx.net> wrote:

>No because this would lead to a real mess in sitemaps and therefore to
>committers are against dynamic sitemaps (and IMHO they are right ...).
>and maybe the more important reason is that nobody has ever presented a
>usecase that makes dynamic sitemaps necessary.
>
>By the way, what's your usecase?
>
>Regards,
>Reinhard

Steven Cummings