cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Delis, Chris" <cede...@uillinois.edu>
Subject RE: xsp resulting in empty xml doc and the error ComponentSelecto r could not find the component for hint [serverpages] in core.log
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:21:05 GMT
i was thinking more in lines of:

<!-- results of metadatageneral.xsp here included -->
<page>
	<general>
	</general>
</page>

<!-- results of metadatatechnical.xsp here included -->
<page>
	<technical>
	</technical>
</page>

the previous two XSP pages do one thing.  you can combine them in another
cocoon request using aggregation:

<map:match pattern="general-and-tech-metadata">
   <map:aggregate element="page">
      <map:part src="cocoon:/metadatageneral.xsp" strip-root="true"/>
      <map:part src="cocoon:/metadatatechnical.xsp" strip-root="true"/>
   </map:aggregate>
   <map:transform type="xslt" src="stylesheets/general-and-tech.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

when you want the general and technical metadata, you would use the URL
"general-and-tech-metadata" (in my example).  the resulting aggregation
might look something like:

<page>
      <general>
      </general>
	<technical>
	</technical>
</page>

if you need to massage the format, you do so in an xslt transform
(general-and-tech.xsl in my example).

--chris