cocoon-users mailing list archives

From cumming...@netscape.net (Steven Cummings)
Subject RE: Using Cocoon exclusively for the V in MVC
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:49:41 GMT
Milo,

It seems to me that you should be able to have the cocoon app, but in web.xml, map servlets
other than the cocoon servlet so that these others run normally. Anything else should be run
by cocoon. I once did this to have the regular JSP servlet run JSPs (not through cocoon) and
everything else by cocoon. But if your sitemap accesses any of these non-cocoon resources
you'll probably have to give a URL in the file-generator because of course cocoon won't find
the resource via the cocoon: protocol. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. HTH.

/S

Milo Hyson <milo@cyberlifelabs.com> wrote:

>This seems to be a common question, but how might one go about using
>Cocoon for the presentation-layer in an existing Servlet-based
>application? I don't like the notion of having to put Cocoon in its own
>context since that requires me to re-engineer my app to use
>inter-context communication just to display something. I've heard
>mention of various methods whereby Cocoon can be embedded within say a
>Struts app, but I haven't been able to find any direct instructions. All
>of the docs I've read suggest that Cocoon is really designed to be the
>core technology of a web site, not just a presentation tool.
>
>Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.
>
>--
>Milo Hyson
>CyberLife Labs

Steven Cummings