cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon on linux
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:41:59 GMT
j2sdk 1.4.1_02 has some serialization bugs (at least
on Redhat Linux 9) that cause all sorts of interesting
problems.

I first noticed this when installing the Sun One IDE
community edition.

I changed to j2sdk 1.4.2-beta, and both cocoon 2.0.4
and cocoon 2.1 (CVS download) work fine.

What I've done is keep both j2sdk environments on my
machine, and make a soft link from the appropriate one
to /usr/java.  I know, it's gross but it seems to
work.

You could also manage this by setting JAVA_HOME to the
appropriate directory depending on the Java
application you are running.  However, I haven't found
any trouble with the 1.4.2-beta yet (at least under
light testing).

HTH

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .