cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <tcol...@neuagency.com>
Subject Re: AW: Strange content inserted to XML file when served by Cocoon
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:24:59 GMT
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> Sorry. I mean FileGenerator. The sitemap snip looks like that:
>
>         <map:match pattern="menu3">
>                 <map:generate src="content/menu2.html" />
>                 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>         </map:match>
>
> Please not that menu2.html actually is a valid XHTML file, therefore I
> thought I should be able to treat this as any other XML file.

Hmm, in that case, try using a reader, since you're not really doing any
transformation:

	<map:match pattern="menu3">
		<map:read src="content/menu2.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
	</map:match>

Change the mime-type to "text/xml" or whatever you might need.

I still don't understand why the JTidy output is being sent, because in
theory the FileGenerator + Serializer should work as advertised.  You
could also check to see if your default Generator is the HTMLGenerator,
and if so, change it to FileGenerator.  I noticed in your sitemap snippet
you have no "type" set for the Generator, so you might be getting a
default generator that you don't want.

Tony

--
Tony Collen