cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <tcol...@neuagency.com>
Subject RE: Python Generator example
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:35:49 GMT
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, e nio wrote:

> Can you look at cocoon.xconf again, there are some definitions there
> regarding python like it, under built-in logicsheets and under
> languages.  But you seemed right though, I could not figure out how
> cocoon handles the mapping of *.py.  the hello.py contents are BSF and I
> have not learned those yet. Keep posting, I hope I'll learn from you.

Looking at the
src/blocks/bsf/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/ScriptGenerator.java:

It seems to be getting a list of "programming languages" (around line
113), which are set in WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf.  Likewise, the "python"
language class seems to reside in

src/blocks/python/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/programming/python/PythonLanguage.java,

The very bottom at: public String getSourceExtension(), which is overriden
from the ProgrammingLanguage interface, seems to be where the actual
extension is set.

HTH,

Tony

--