cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: esql Update Date
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:27:34 GMT
On 17.Apr.2003 -- 01:59 PM, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> <esql:query>update bck_serienbriefe set date=?; </esql:query>
>
> I want to update a date within an Access DB!
>
> I know I had a similar problem before with a select statement I solved like that:
> date = #04/17/2003#.
>
> That way I was able to get the data out of the DB. But trying the same format with the
update statement will result in an error. I can update any other field (string/int) of the
table except the date.

> What can I do?

I would suggest to use <esql:parameter type="date"/> and a JAVA Date object.

Another suggestion is to let the driver escape the date, see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jdbc/spec/jdbc-spec.frame11.html

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l