cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Collins" <scoll...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Generate sub sitemaps dynamically - is it possible?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:14:35 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to dynamically generate my sub sitemaps via the cocoon:
protocol. Could anyone tell me whether that is possible? In other words I
would like to do:

<map:mount uri-prefix="..."
src="cocoon:/my-site-map-generator-pipeline"/>

My motivation is that I want users to be able edit a very basic XML file
that simply maps URLs to different page-templates (read: pipelines) and I
don't want them to deal with the standard sitemap XML. So I just want to
use an XSLT transform to create the sitemap XML dynamically from this
basic file.

I tried this out and it seemed to hang so I suspect it's not possible and
from a brief look at the code it seems that way too. But just wondering
whether anyone could clarify things for me. And also if it's not possible
is it an architecture limitation or just something that isn't coded in
because nobody wants it?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Simon