cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kavitha Ramesh <kavitha_fraunho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Session Management in cocoon
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 13:42:59 GMT

Thanks a lot!
 Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint007@mc.duke.edu> wrote:
1) The EncodeURL Transformer will append the jsessionid to each URL, as
necessary (that is, if the browser has cookies turned off). See
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/transformers/encodeurl-transformer.html
for usage. There was a bug in earlier versions of this, that wouldn't
append the jsessionid on the first request, but that may be fixed now.

2) I believe Cocoon doesn't manage sessions, that is handled by the servlet
engine (Tomcat, for most folks). See the docs for your servlet engine.

3) Basically you can work with sessions in Cocoon just like you can in any
Java servlet. For most components, you'll need to get the session from the
request object. E.g., in an XSP page, you can do
(String) request.getSession().getAttribute("foo");
or
org.apache.cocoon.environment.Session session = request.getSession();
session.invalidate();

etc. See http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/apidocs/index.html for API.

There is also a session logicsheet for XSP, which may be useful in some
circumstances:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/xsp/session.html

HTH,
-Christopher