cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Actions in context of Avalon/Excalibur
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:36:59 GMT
On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 13:51, DURDINA Michal wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have just one question about how action objects are maintained in cocoon .
>
> Is new action object created on every request or is it reused by multiple
> requests?
> If yes, how is it secured, when two threads use the same action object or
> doesn't it happen?
>
> I concern myself in the situation when two threads serving two different
> requests use the same action, whether they use the same action object from
> memory created on the first request or whether they use always the unique
> instance of action?
>
> What interfaces can Action implement
> (org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.Poolable, ...)?

If you don't implement the 'ThreadSafe' interface, then your Action will
not be used by more then one thread at the same time (also be sure that
if your action extends from another action, that this other action does
not implement ThreadSafe).

These interfaces are defined by the Jakarta Avalon project, for more
information see:
http://avalon.apache.org/framework/index.html
http://avalon.apache.org/developing/framework.html