cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Collin VanDyck" <col...@hannonhill.com>
Subject Help with redirect
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:49:02 GMT
I'm having a little bit of a problem with the map:redirect-to feature.

In our highest level sitemap, we have an auth protect action that, if the user does not authenticate,
redirects to this URI:

<map:redirect-to uri="/admin/login"/>

This has the effect of re-writing the request string in the browser to http://localhost:8080/admin/login.

In one of my sub-sitemaps, mounter under 'workflow', I want to, based on an action, be able
to redirect from:

/admin/workflow/edit/content

/admin/workflow/add/content

In my sitemap, I achieve this by saying <map:redirect-to uri="add/content"/>.

That works fine, except for the fact that the request string in the browser still reads /admin/workflow/edit/content,
instead of /admin/workflow/add/content.  Why does this matter to me?  We have user interface
elements that are based upon this request string, and hence need it to change.

I don't understand why when the login failed, the request string got rewritten, but not from
within a sitemap.  Thanks for any light you all can shed on this :)

Collin