cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "JD Daniels" ...@datatrio.com>
Subject Re: XMLForm Question
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:56:39 GMT
Yes, I guess I should have mentioned that I did in fact delete my tomcat work directory, shutdown
and startup. It did not make a difference... hence my frustration :)

I know that when I get this crap figured out, I will never hack php again :D The trick is
getting it figured heh heh.

JD
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Kavanagh
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 9:05 AM
  Subject: Re: XMLForm Question

  I think you just need to restart the container (in your case, tomcat). In theory, Tomcat
use an adaptive classloader that you can configure (in server.xml) to reload classes when
they change. I was able to use this feature when my web app was simple. Once I started having
more statefull information in memory, I really needed to restart the whole app (and tomcat)
when I changed my code.
  BTW, If you were to use JBoss/Jetty, you should be able to take advantage of the JBoss hot-deploy
feature. The idea being if you touch the web.xml under cocoon, jboss should redeploy the app,
and pick up your code change. At this point, JBoss exits when I try this. I'm sure I'm doing
something wrong.

  David

  JD Daniels wrote:

Thanks for the answer Sylvain....

That was what I had thought... after I restarted my machine, it all started
working.