cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Anna Afonchenko" <a...@ubaccess.com>
Subject Comments escaped in serializer
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:22:54 GMT
Hi all.
I am trying to construct a pipeline that will get in some online page and present it.
The page got some scripts like:
<script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
        javascript code
    //-->
</script>

Now here is my problem. If I serialize the page as html, everything is fine.
But when I try to serialize the same page as xml or xhtml, the
scripts stop working. I think that I know the reason for this.
When serializing the page as xhtml, the comment < and > signs inside script
are turned into entities &lt; and &gt;. When the page serialized as html the comments
stay valid.

How could I set it up to output the comments < and > signs not as entities when serializing
as xml/xhtml?
Is it possible in cocoon or do I have to write some patch?

Thank you very much for help.

Anna