cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Schlabach" <tschlab...@gmx.net>
Subject AW: AW: Strange content inserted to XML file when served by Cocoon
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2003 07:05:56 GMT
For the benefit of all: It is a bug! #17763
It was reported March 7th already and is still in the state of "New".
I will have a loot at it later today and make up my mind if there will
be a workaround.
Torsten

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Geoff Howard [mailto:cocoon@leverageweb.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 25. April 2003 22:40
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: RE: AW: Strange content inserted to XML file when served by
Cocoon

<snip/>

A generator starts the flow of sax events in a pipeline (which is why
the
file
generator is configured by default to apply tidy to .html files - other
wise they would not parse correctly - every unclosed <br> tag, unquoted
attribute,
etc would give the parser a fit.  If your .html are really xhtml, you
won't
need this and can configure around it.

A reader sidesteps the sax pipeline that is at the core of cocoon and
allows
you to
just serve up non-xml content.  You could do this directly from a static
webserver
which would be a good idea for a lot of this type of content, but Cocoon
doesn't
require you to do that because:
- It's an extra step that can be a needless pain for some
- You may want to control access to the via Cocoon's other non-xml
facilities in
the sitemap (actions, flow, etc).

So, what do you give up?  A SAX pipeline, and thereby ability to further
transform
the data with map:transform and ability/need to control output
serialization
with
map:serialize.

Geoff