cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Error using DatabaseUpdateAction
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:58:45 GMT
Chris

Thanks for the reponse.  In anwer to your questions;

1. I am not sure what SQL _is_ generated - I assume the
DatabaseUpdateAction is supposed to create this but I do
not where and how to find what it has done. (the error log
segment is attached)

2.  Which other database actions are you referring to?

Derek

>>> haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de 06/03/2003 12:01:31 >>>
On 06.Mar.2003 -- 11:43 AM, Derek Hohls wrote:
> I need help resolving the following error, which I get
> when trying to use the DatabaseUpdateAction to update
> the database.  Note that I have successfully used the
> DatabaseAddAction from the same form to post records,
>  so I assume it cannot be my descriptor file that is in error.
>
> The message is:
>
>  org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
> Could not update record :position = 5:
> java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

Without knowing the SQL that is created, it is difficult to guess the
error. Please enclose more of the log and the descriptor lines that
relate to this query.

You might want to try the other set of database actions - the
descriptor syntax is similar although not identical.

    Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de