cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: BestPractice: Navigation
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:55:37 GMT

Hi Stephan,

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Stephan Niedermeier wrote:

> I would like to realize a layer based navigation. Each entry may have
> 0...n sublevels. The XML, which describes this navigation looks like the
> following:
>
> Is there a better way, to realize this? A best practice?

Take a look at the Forrest project which deals with this and other issues:
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/

See in particular: http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html

Also, take a look at the way the cocoon documentation is built, which
deals with multiple level navigation.

Hope that helps,

Andrew.