cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Douglass" <r.dougl...@onlinehome.de>
Subject character encoding problem with resource reader?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:08:14 GMT
I'm encountering a problem where this à character in a javascript file
causes illegal character exceptions when read with the resource reader, but
not when I open the file up directly from the filesystem. The character
occurs inside a javascript character array ["Ã"]. Cocoon serves an html page
and the .js file is then loaded as an included, also served by Cocoon. Any
tricks to using the resource reader? My map:read tag has two parameters,
type="resource" and src. Do I need to specify encoding or mime-type to
guarantee the accurate reading of text files?

-Robert Douglass