cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Rolappe" <m_rola...@web.de>
Subject AW: xml header on delivered pages
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:35:45 GMT
hi nesto,

you can use <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration> in your
serializer config.

but IIUC the xml declaration should be in the markup, since it's xhtml.
maybe you have to use a mime-type different from text/html?
  -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: cocoon-users-return-47501-m_rolappe=web.de@xml.apache.org
[mailto:cocoon-users-return-47501-m_rolappe=web.de@xml.apache.org]Im Auftrag
von Nesto
  Gesendet: Montag, 10. März 2003 11:15
  An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Betreff: xml header on delivered pages

  Hi!

  I'm designing the interface for mobile devices for a web portal using
Cocoon.

  When I test my pages on a iPaq (with Pocket Internet Explorer) I get the
correct page, without errors, but with del xml header visualized at the
beginning of every page.
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> (and then I get the right
content...)
  Of couse I want to delete it!!

  Here I write the informations I think are importants for this problem:

  The XSPs that are called in a pipeline for a iPaq http request (for
example) have at the beginning the xml header (<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>),
  while the xsl doesn't.
  Then I deliver the markup with this serializer:

  <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml" mime-type="text/html"
name="xhtml-Transitional" pool-grow="2" pool-max="64" pool-min="2"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
      <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
Transitional//EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd</doc
type-system>
      <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
  </map:serializer>

  I think the responsible of the writing of the xml header is the
serializer, but I have no idea on how solve the problem.
  Thank you for your help!

  Nesto