cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mark H" <mailingli...@markhorgan.com>
Subject RE: Very strange behaviour -- caching bug?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:41:44 GMT
I tried out a simpler form: (don't have the source code for your
actions/stylesheets)

<map:components>
	<map:actions>
		<map:action name="request"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.RequestParamAction"/>
	</map:actions>
</map:components>
<map:pipelines>
<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="*.portlet">
	<map:match pattern="a.portlet">
   		<map:generate src="cocoon:/a.resource"/>
   		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
	</map:match>
</map:match>
<map:match pattern="*.resource">
	<map:match pattern="a.resource">
  		<map:act type="request">
  			<map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
			<map:generate src="{locale}.xml"/>
	   		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
	  	</map:act>
  	</map:match>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>
</map:pipelines>

and got the same caching problem you got, can anybody try the above in
v2.0.4 to see if it is a 2.1 bug?

when I did the following it worked ok:

 <map:match pattern="*.portlet">
  <map:match pattern="a.portlet">
   <map:act type="request">
  	<map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
	<map:generate src="{locale}.xml"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:act>
  </map:match>
 </map:match>

It seems to be caching cocoon:/a.resource. I can't see exactly what it's
doing because it's not generating any logs (it should log caching in
sitemap.log). I'm also having problems with the latest CVS it seems to be in
a state of flux. The only way to fix these problems is to go deep into the
Cocoon's/Avalon/Excalibur source code and debug.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Romayev [mailto:romayev@yahoo.com]
Sent: 03 March 2003 02:57PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Very strange behaviour -- caching bug?


Hello,

There is a very strange behaviour that my site exibits
ever since I've upgraded my 2.1 dev code from what it
was in Nov-Dec last year to the most current version
(less than a week old).

Here is what's going on.  There is a portlet which is
generated by calling another pipeline fragment
matching "a.resource".  It looks like a.resource
behaves correctly, however it seems that a.portlet,
which uses a.resource as its input does not realize
when a.resource's output changes and keeps working
with the incorrect cached version.

The following works correctly:
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/a.resource?locale=en
- displays output in English
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/a.resource?locale=ru
- displays output in Russian

Still fine:
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/a.portlet?locale=en
- displays output in English

PROBLEM:
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/a.portlet?locale=ru
- displays output in ENGLISH!

If I "touch" a.xsl in the following pipeline, and
hence, force the reload, everything works fine,
however when I change locale, it's back to the
behaviour I've just described.

The following is a simplified pipeline:

<map:pipeline>
 <map:match "*.portlet">
  <map:match "a.portlet">
   <map:generate src="cocoon:/a.resource"/>
    <map:transform src="a.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:match>
 </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

<map:pipeline>
 <map:match "*.resource">
  <map:match "a.resource">
   <map:generate src="a.xml"/>
    <map:act type="locale">
     <map:transform type="i18n">
      <map:parameter name="locale" value="{locale}"/>
     </map:transform>
    </map:act>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:match>
 </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

Cheers,
-Alex

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message