cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: best Java for RedHat?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:31:16 GMT
Sun has binary and rpm distributions for 1.4.1 on linux that work well
on RH.

BEA's JRockit is absurdly fast, and seems stable while running, but has
some issues stopping. It is supported by BEA if you are running RedHat
AS and don't mind forking over a couple thousand dollars, otherwise it
is simply available an unsupported. We have seen substantial speed
benefits using it in development, but haven't been brave enough to put
it into production because of the shutdown issues.

IBM's JRE/JDK has had similar performance characteristics for us to
Sun's. It works fine. It gets brownie points for installing to /opt via
rpm.

-Brian