cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <Maxime.Ghey...@swisscom.com>
Subject RE: <xsp:attribute> for <xsp-request:get-parameter>
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:41:03 GMT
I tried your "version" with :
<xsp-request:get-parameter>
	<xsp-request:param
name="name">paraname<xsp:expr>mycount</xsp:expr></xsp-request:param>
</xsp-request:get-parameter>
But I still get a "java.lang.NullPointerException" error

>Please read the docs carefully:
>xsp:attribute This element is used to dynamically provide attribute
>   values for a given element. This tag is typically used in
conjunction
>   with <xsp:expr>, where the substituted expression is always cast to
>   String
>
>First, let's be reminded that an XSP is turned into a generator. Now,
"element" above referrs to *an element generated by
>this generator*. IOW not an element of this XML document you're
currently editing! See
>http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/xsp/logicsheet-concepts.html
>for a discussion of this problem.
>
>The logicsheet in question has to support dynamic attributes. There is
no overall method to do this independantly.

>However, most logicsheets use the logicsheet-utils.xsl templates. Thus
for a logicsheet bound to the namespace prefix "foo"
>   <foo:param name="bar"><xsp:expr>yada</xsp:expr></foo:param>

>works. E.g.
>
>   <xsp-request:get-parameter>
>      <xsp-request:param
name="name"><xsp:expr>pname</xsp:expr></xsp-request:param>