cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Problem in converting umlaut characters..
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:32:32 GMT

jaya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Cocoon latest version. When I am generating a text file from

text or html file?
on-line or off-line?

> XML document using XSL, I got the following problem in Cocoon.
>
>     "Müller" is shown as "Müller"

where do you see this come up? ('in cocoon' is a bit vague)
your browser?

can you check on which encoding the view-app (assuming browser)
is using to render the text?

currently thinking setting content encoding on your serializer
should do it (in html you could hack some meta tag in there, for
txt you'll really need to change the latter)

how to do it is in the first part of this:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=RequestParameterEncoding

HTH
-marc=