cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: transform xsp generated xml to pdf
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:40:25 GMT
Hello Frank,

it's good to hear, that at least the static XML works. So there are not more
so many possibilities. If 'test2.pdf' works (returns a PDF), something must
be wrong with the other pipeline. Did you really request 'result.xml'? If
you get XML with this request, there must be another matching pipeline, i.e.
not the one below is used.

Can you temporarily clean up your sitemap (remove all pipelines) and add
some test pipelines:

<map:match pattern="result.xml">
     <map:generate type="xsp" src="xsp/result.xsp"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

This one should return the XML you already have as static file.

<map:match pattern="result_fo.xml">
     <map:generate type="xsp" src="xsp/result.xsp"/>
     <map:transform src = "fo/tablepic66.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

This one should return the XSL FO representation of the latter PDF.

<map:match pattern="result.pdf">
     <map:generate type="xsp" src="xsp/result.xsp"/>
     <map:transform src = "fo/tablepic66.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
</map:match>

And this one should return the PDF itself.

Try to request 'result.xml', 'result_fo.xml' and 'result.pdf' in the browser
and see what you get.

Regards,

Joerg

--