cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Charles Yates <ceya...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Cant get an exception
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:23:06 GMT
Lionel Crine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I also have created my own transformer, generator, etc ...
> I didn't had time to use "getlogger", so instead of that I use
> System.err.println to get my message into the "console".

1)  I recommend you take the time to add the 'getLogger().debug()
statements.
2)  System.err might be changed from console to a file by your servlet
container ( I think in Tomcat it goes to catalina.out)
3)  Test your generator by using it in a pipeline with no transformers,
just an xml serializer
4)  Use the logging transformer
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/transformers/log-transformer.html

Charles