cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: [heads-up] wiki abuse: your advice please
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:48:19 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>I favour a simple self-registration, with email address as user name (so that
>the community can bombard the intruder with hate mail - just kidding).

Having a valid wiki name is not enough! I think we have to enter a
password as well!
...but this would be against wiki design principles [1]:
*Open* - Should a page be found to be incomplete or poorly organized,
any reader can edit it as they see fit.

The suggestion of Hussayn is a nice thought: if you subscribed to the
mailing list (dev|user|cvs) then you can write - otherwise you have to
subscribe to the list.

[#1]http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiDesignPrinciples