cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Charles Yates <ceya...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: XInclude-problems with Cocoon2.0.4
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:24:54 GMT
Uwe Gerger wrote:

>Hello,
>I would like to use xinclude-statements in my xml-file with Cocoon2.0.4
>with my own tags for example <rpt:data>. Specifying such a tag as
>follows <xi:include href="include.xml#xpointer(/p/rpt:data)"/> doesn't
>work.
>

>Instead using <xi:include href="include.xml#xpointer(/p/rpt)"/> works!

<snip/>

>What's wrong?

quoting from XIncludeTransformer javadoc:

"My first pass at an XInclude transformation"

The transformer does the basics correctly but stumbles with anything
more complicated.  It doesn't always handle absolute URLs, nested
xinclude elements, nor apparently namspace prefixes in xpointers.  You
might consider modifiying the source to get the namespace support you
would like and submitting a patch if it works.

Charles