cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: FOP, inline SVG, fonts
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:19:56 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Hello Frank,
>
> sorry, but this doesn't work in both Cocoon versions. I tested it some
> time ago with Cocoon 2.0.3 and now with with 2.0.4:

Frank made a mistake... New configuration syntax which supports Cocoon
protocols looks like:

<user-config>context://webapps/ROOT/doc/fop/config.xml</user-config>

Old configuration (with src attribute) does not support protocols, works
only with file name (see FOPSerializer.java).

> And when changing only the links to the font files in config.xml using
> context:// protocol:

FOP supports only links to the fonts in absolute file format, starting
with "C:/", because currently there is no way to tell FOP current
context. No support for Cocoon URIs, for now. See
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/serializers/pdf-serializer.html.

> 2003-03-11 18:23:22,125 INFO  [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine] ERROR
> (2003-03-11) 18:23.22:124   [manager.] (/conweb/stream.secure.pdf)
> Thread-7/MessageHandler: Failed to read font metrics file
> nullcontext://webapps/ROOT/doc/fop/fonts/Verdana.xml : unknown
> protocol: nullcontext
>

> And with Batik: it's one of the most simplest SVG possible: basic
> shapes, rect in SVG spec. Furthermore (again the stacktrace) the NPE
> happens in a Fop class:
>
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.java:1226)

>         at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3135)

>         at
> org.apache.fop.render.pdf.fonts.LazyFont.getAscender(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.fop.layout.FontState.getAscender(Unknown Source)

Don't know solution for this one, but try disabling incremental processing.

Vadim