cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Zip File Generator
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:41:50 GMT
> I'm wonderning how one could read a file that is compressed/archived
> e.g. zip. Let's say  I have a XML file that is compressed and so I
> would like to uncompress it and then use this file in the normal file
> generator in a pipeline. Is this possible and how? I also looked
> whether I could use a reader to serve the zip file but then I would
> only get the binary and not the uncompressed content of the file? Or
> can I use the output from a ScriptGenerator?

Peter, there is an example of how to do exactly what you want in the "Cocoon:
Building XML Applications" book. It uses zip as an example of how to write
readers, generators and sources/protocols. With the protocol, it shows you how to
add a protocol to Cocoon of the form:

zip://financenews.xml@http://www.newserver.com/news_2001.zip
or
zip://people/matthew.jpg@pictures.zip

If you haven't seen the book, I'd highly recommend it.

Regards, Upayavira