cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: XSLT: How does Cocoon use the context position ?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 18:16:20 GMT
Hello Rainer,

XSLT 2 is only a working draft, so no recommendation. Not many xslt
processors exist, which support XSLT 2. Xalan 2.3/2.4 does not, but is
used in Cocoon. It supports XSLT 1.

Even if I have not been reading anything about XSLT 2, I'm sure it has
nothing to do with it. I can not imagine that this behaviour changes
between the two versions.

The context has not changed at the point, where you use
<xsl:with-param/> and position(), so position() returns the context
position of AwFall as you already have found out. But when you have a
template matching on <Diagramm/> and when you use position() there, you
will get the expected behaviour. Changing context and so the return
value of position() already in <xsl:with-param/> makes no sense in my
opinion.

Regards,

Joerg