cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <tcol...@neuagency.com>
Subject RE: Getting content from a URL or servlet
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:23:22 GMT
On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Delis, Christopher E. wrote:

> have you tried something like already?:
>
> <map:generate type="html" src="http://localhost:8080/doSomethingServlet" />
>
> (even though type="html" is a misnomer?)

Well, the HTMLGenerator will run the input HTML through JTidy so the XML
through the pipeline is well-formed, You can also specify which element to
start at.

Colin wrote:

> > I have a servlet at http://localhost:8080/doSomethingServlet
> > which spits
> > out well-formed XML. It will provide content I want to use at
> > the start
> > of a pipeline.

If your servlet already spits out well-formed XML, you don't have to do
anything beyond using the standard filegenerator with the src attribute
set to the URL of the servlet.

HTH,

Tony

--