cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yury Mikhienko <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru>
Subject Re: xindice problems
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:15:21 GMT
On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:02:38 +0000
"daniel beeby" <bbdannyboybb@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> This is probably going to be considered to be a newbie question but its
> driving me insane. Im trying to get cocoon to work with xindice but having
> difficulties. I followed an example on cocooncenter.de which seemed to be
> fairly logical but it doesnt seem to work. I am running version 2.04 and
> have been given the impression from various articles that it contains
> sitemap and conf.xml configurations for xindice(correct me if im wrong). I
> couldnt find pipelines,generators, or source handlers for it so decided to
> put them in myself. When requesting a URL asking for xml I get a sitemap
> config error saying something about component selector with a hint of
> [request-parameter]. This is probably not enough information to help answer
> the problem but perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> Cheers

I'm use the following configuratin for xindice access:

in cocoon.xconf:
    <!-- xmldb pseudo protocol -->

    <protocol name="xmldb" class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.XMLDBSourceFactory">
      <!-- Xindice driver -->
      <driver type="xindice" class="org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl"/>
      <!-- Add here other XML:DB compliant databases drivers -->
   </protocol>

in test sitemap.xmap (for example):

   <map:match pattern="dbdocs">
    <map:match type="request-parameter" pattern="query">
      <map:generate src="xmldb:xindice:///db/web/docs/#{1}"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:match>
   </map:match

of course, you must puts the xindice.jar and xmldb-api.jar into cocoon libs directory

--

Best regards,
Yury Mikhienko.