cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <tcol...@neuagency.com>
Subject Re: HTML-Generator - XPath
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:54:04 GMT
On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Harald Wehr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yesterday we upated our webapp with the current changes of cocoon-2.1
> repository. I have a question concerning the HTML-Generator. The
> following sitemap-snippet matched in our previous version the body-tag
> of the google-site. This is not working anymore. Are there any changes
> concerning the xpath-expression?

Not directly that I know of, but I have run into problems with some sites
where I have to give the xpath index in the file, i.e.
/html/body/div[1]/table[1]/tr[1]/td[1]  etc which is very tedious.  I
haven't found a way around it.  the HTMLGenerator's xpath *does* seem a
lot more picky compared to when I first started using Cocoon.

> 	<map:generate type="html" src="http://www.google.de">

I've had problems with Google, mainly because they forbid fetching and
searching their page using programs (The "Java" useragent is banned from
their server).  If you're wanting to use Cocoon and Google search, you
might want to look into their SOAP API.

Regards,

Tony