cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Klotz" <pkl...@iconet.wn.bawue.de>
Subject Logging in Cocoon Source
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:18:18 GMT
Hi,

If I want to log messages in a custom source the only way I could specify
a category would be on the SourceFactory, which I did. Then in the
getSource() I  check whether the source produced is LogEnabled and if so
pass on the Logger from the SourceFactory to the Source.

In cocoon.xconf the source' protocol is declared

<protocol class="..." name="simon" logger="core.simon"/>

And the category core.* is configured in logkit.xconf to log into core.log.

Well nice but I never never get any whatsoever log message?
It obviously seems to work and there is no error. What am I doing wrong????

It is so damn hard to debug a problem when one doesn't see any log message
:-(
This must be something specifically Source/SourceFactory specific because
with Actions I had more luck.

Thanks, Peter