cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Richard In Public" <edificat...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject How to handle endorsed libs without access to CATALINA_HOME?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 02:07:59 GMT
Hi

I'm in the process of installing cocoon 2.1 dev on a Slackware system using
Apache1.3/Tomcat4.1.18.  When I request the Cocoon welcome page I get:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must have a
'{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler' property!

I'm assuming this is because the xalan/xerces/apis-xml libs need to be
copied from Cocoon/Web-INF/lib into the $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed
directory.  Problem is that my project is hosted on a server that does not
allow me to modify their CATALINA (or JDK) setup.

I assume that there is another way of handling this problem.  I've tried
modifying the JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS dirs variable in my tomcat.sh script and
also adding the relevant jar files to the beginning of the CLASSPATH.  None
of these do the trick.

I'll keep on tinkering, but I thought I'd write in in case anyone already
knows how to handle this situation.

Thanks,

Richard