cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation strange evolution ...
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:25:19 GMT
I think the page is fine - if we add any more
we will need to make 2 pages! otherwise the
"simple beginners" will get put off...

i was thinking we also need a central index page
which ties all the bits and pieces together and
gives some indication of reading order, level of
complexity etc.   (the wiki is easy to add to, but
hard to see where everything fits in..)

>>> dabbous@saxess.com 21/02/2003 11:12:22 >>>
Hy, Derek;

I did a major revision of the Wiki-page.

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation

Maybe you take a little time and review my changes.

My big concern here is, that within the original verison
of the page this stuff was already explained correctly.
The errors have been added later. Now i have removed them again.

Ok, the benefit we got from this intermezzo is another
review of the page, which hopefully clearifies some
additional points ;-)

regards, Hussayn

p.s.: apologize for my conclusion, about you beeing
a windows user. Indeed i have added a few words to make
clear, why i want absolute pathes here. That was not
explained at all in the original text ;-)

Derek Hohls wrote:
> [...]
> physically from the cocoon-distrib. Does this answer your question ?
>
> regards, hussayn
>

> Derek Hohls wrote:
>  > Hussayn
>  >
>  > $cocoonroot/work/sitemap.xmap - I understand, but
>  > where exactly is
>  > /work/sitemap.xmap ??? and why do you want it?
>  >
>  > Derek
>  >
>  >  >>> dabbous@saxess.com 20/02/2003 03:22:54 >>>
>  > Hy, Derek;
>  >
>  > If you specify a relative src it will be resolved relative to the
>  > current sitemap. If you specify an absolute source, it will be
>  > resolved as is ==>
>  >
>  > suppose you put a submount into the rottsitemap, then:
>  >
>  > src="work/sitemap.xmap"  ==> $cocoonroot/work/sitemap.xmap
>  > src="/work/sitemap.xmap" ==> /work/sitemap.xmap
>  >
>  > If this is NOT correct, then i really missunderstood something
;-)
>  >
>  > regards, hussayn
>  >
>  >
>  > Derek Hohls wrote:
>  >  > Hussayn
>  >  >
>  >  > From the Cocoon docs site:
>  >  >  http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > <map:match pattern="faq/*">
>  >  >    <map:mount uri-prefix="faq"
>  >  >              check-reload="no"
>  >  >              src="faq/sitemap.xmap"/>
>  >  > </map:match>
>  >  >
>  >  > The src attribute is where the sub-sitemap is located.
>  >  > If it ends in a slash "sitemap.xmap" is appended to find the
sitemap,
>  >  > otherwise the src value is used. A check-reload attribute can
be used
>  >  > to determine if the modification date of the sub-sitemap file
> should be
>  >  > checked.
>  >  > The uri-prefix is the part that should be removed from the
request
> URI.
>  >  >
>  >  > The engine will correctly check for a trailing slash (which you
may
>  >  > write,
>  >  > of course). If in the example above "faq/cocoon" is requested,
"faq/"
>  >  > is removed from the URI and "cocoon" is passed to the
sub-sitemap
>  >  > which is loaded from "faq/sitemap.xmap".
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > So - the Cocoon docs writer seems to be saying that src DOES
NOT NEED
>  >  > a leading '/'  (of course, I am not sure if one is
permissible??)
>  >  >
>  >  > I think we need clarity from one of the "gurus".... and for
both sites
>  >  > be updated with this detailed clarification !
>  >  >
>  >  > Derek
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >>>>dabbous@saxess.com 20/02/2003 01:59:54 >>>
>  >  >>>
>  >  > Hy;
>  >  >
>  >  > I noticed a slight modification in
>  >  >
>  >  >

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation

>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > which from my understanding has introduced two severe errors!
>  >  > As i don't exactly know, why these changes have been made,
>  >  > i want to ask if i missunderstood something. Here is, what i
>  >  > find suspect:
>  >  >
>  >  > 1.) Advanced Issue: separating your work folder from cocoon
>  >  >      ...
>  >  >      <map:pipeline>
>  >  >        <map:match pattern="work/**">
>  >  >          <map:mount check-reload="yes"
>  >  >                     reload-method="synchron"
>  >  >                     src="work/sitemap.xmap"
>  >  >                     uri-prefix="work"/>
>  >  >       </map:match>
>  >  >      </map:pipeline>
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >      This snippet i found in the doc. In my eyes this does NOT
>  >  >      what is explained in the doc. From my understanding the
>  >  >      source must be declared as absolute path as follows:
>  >  >
>  >  >                     src="/work/sitemap.xmap"
>  >  >
>  >  >      Why has the leading slash been deleted in the doc?
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > 2.) Advanced issue: Setting up a generic mount point outside of
Cocoon
<cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
by
>  > *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is believed to
be
> clean.
>  >
>  > "The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages
and/or
>  > attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
>  > organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto
are
>  > therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
>  > The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's
Conditions