cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Young" <byo...@bju.edu>
Subject Re: Cinclude issues...
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:37:54 GMT
> how many entries does site.xml have?
none yet. 8o) I would need to have one available for each "concept" (page, partial page, directory)
that I want the content managers to be able to link to.

> Is it because of semantic linking or because you want them in the navigation?
It's mainly because of navigation. I'm still toying with the ideas behind the semantic linking.
I don't know that I would use it for the site in general, but I probably will for specific
concept areas like people, dicitonary entries, and scripture references. The schema linking
seems like it would be perfect for creating links that contain more information that just
the actual page.

I love this crazy world of information management. 8o) It's tiring at times, but I love it
all the same. 8o)

Thanks,
Ben

Jeff Turner wrote, On 11/02/2003 5.14:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 02:09:17PM -0500, Ben Young wrote:
>>I've looked into the Forrest site.xml work and I like it for the most
>>part, but the thought of managing a single navigational map for an
>>entire 7,000+ page site seems a bit unruly.
>
> Ouch.. yes it would.  With a sitemap tweak, site.xml could xinclude
> site.xml's from subdirectories though.

Good idea. Back to book.xml? ;-)

Ok, I'm just joking. I want to use xinclude in it too, but for another
reason: download part of the site structure from a common place, for
multiple site consistency. This would help in the above task, and as
Jeff says could (and probably should), be automated.

The question is: how many entries does site.xml have? One for each page?
Is it because of semantic linking or because you want them in th
navigation?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -