cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cinclude issues...
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:25:07 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 11/02/2003 5.14:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 02:09:17PM -0500, Ben Young wrote:
>>I've looked into the Forrest site.xml work and I like it for the most
>>part, but the thought of managing a single navigational map for an
>>entire 7,000+ page site seems a bit unruly.
>
> Ouch.. yes it would.  With a sitemap tweak, site.xml could xinclude
> site.xml's from subdirectories though.

Good idea. Back to book.xml? ;-)

Ok, I'm just joking. I want to use xinclude in it too, but for another
reason: download part of the site structure from a common place, for
multiple site consistency. This would help in the above task, and as
Jeff says could (and probably should), be automated.

The question is: how many entries does site.xml have? One for each page?
Is it because of semantic linking or because you want them in th
navigation?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -