cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kirula Leelasena" <kirula.leelas...@db.com>
Subject RE: Can cocoon handle password encryption in cocoon.xconf ?
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:12:45 GMT

Yes I am running on NT. Any examples of how to setup 'secured' datasources and connecting
via JDBC.
Currently my databases are setup on cocoon.xconf as below :-
> <datasources>
>     <jdbc name="my_db">
>           <pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>
>           <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@my_server:my_port:my_SID</dburl>
>           <user>username</user>
>           <password>my_encrypted_password</password>
>     </jdbc>
> </datasources>

                      "Morrison, John"

                      <John.Morrison@uk.ex        To:       "'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'"

                      perian.com>                  <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>

                                                  cc:

                      14/02/2003 10:32            Subject:  RE: Can cocoon handle password
encryption in cocoon.xconf
                      Please respond to            ?

                      cocoon-users

Oh how well I know the stupidity of corporations.

Question: do you need to store the connection information there
at all?  If you are running on NT (I presume you can do this on
*nix, but I'm no expert), you could setup a datasource (which
can be secured and contains the password etc to connect) then
use JDBC to connect to the datasource.

J.

> From: Kirula Leelasena [mailto:kirula.leelasena@db.com]
> John,
> Point taken, but corporations such as ours do not allow
> password storage in clear text.
> Auditors will be happier to see the 'key' stored in clear text...
> I knew it will be  along shot, but thanks for the reply anyway!
> Kirula

of this email.

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.