cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kirula Leelasena" <kirula.leelas...@db.com>
Subject Can cocoon handle password encryption in cocoon.xconf ?
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:08:51 GMT

Hi,
Is there anyway to enable password encryption in cocoon's database connections in cocoon.xconf?

<datasources>
    <jdbc name="my_db">
          <pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>
          <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@my_server:my_port:my_SID</dburl>
          <user>username</user>
          <password>my_encrypted_password</password>
    </jdbc>
</datasources>

Please advise if a password encryption tool can be used to encrypt database passwords and
getting cocoon to use this tool to do the reverse when connecting to a database. I know this
is a long shot, but I thought I will ask anyway!

Reason for this query is that our internal security policy do not to allow storing of passwords
without them being encrypted first.

Thanks and Regards
Kirula

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.