cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: handing an XML doc (in memory) to the sitemap
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 14:36:00 GMT
Hi Ray,

may I ask why you chose to write an action? The reason for my asking is that
it is difficult for an action to return anything to the pipeline - apart
from a Map. In particular (and in this case) sunRise needs an XML
representation streamed through the pipeline.

And from what I read you are "only" accessing a database - so the
SQLTransformer would do the trick easily for you.

So, one way to do this would be to write an XML file containing the SELECT
stuff. Use a stylesheet to insert userid and password and then the
SQLTransformer to do the select and then a stylesheet to format the rows to
what sunRise needs.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de