cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Portal: usable now? Usable in future?
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:47:07 GMT
The portal and authentication framework are used in production since
years now - I don't have any links handy right now :( So, you can
call the framework usable and stable.

I can't compare the cocoon portal with jetspeed, because that wouldn't
be objective enough, I fear. But if you want to use Cocoon anyway, use
the Cocoon portal; if you want to build your application based on
XML and XSLT (for example for multi-channel), use the cocoon portal.
If jetspeed provides everything you need know and in the foreseen future,
well...aeh...use the jetspeed portal of course.

In general, I guess the cocoon portal is more flexible because of it's
XML/XSLT nature - so you can add new features, integrate new portlets
without writing one line java code; it's just a matter of "configuration".

The development of the cocoon portal will continue and it will be even
more powerfull and extensible than it is now.

Just a teaser: What do you think of a portal that can run "cocoon portlets"
and jetspeed based portlets at the same time?

Carsten