cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Rolappe" <m_rola...@web.de>
Subject AW: Pass custom parameters into an XSP
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:59:48 GMT
hi collin,

with XSPs an easier alternative would be to pass your 'parameter' as a
request parameter.

then you would:

<map:match pattern="edit.xml">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="/docs/edit/item.xsp"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="edit/*">
    <map:generate src="cocoon:/edit.xml?entityType={1}"/>
</map:match>

then you can get the request parameter from within your XSP via the request
logicsheet (<xsp-request:get-parameter>) or via embedded logic
(request.getParameter ()).

the other alternative; passing the parameter as a sitemap parameter:

<map:match pattern="edit/*">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="/docs/edit/item.xsp">
        <map:parameter name="entityType" value="{1}"/>
    </map:generate>
</map:match>

for this to work you have to embed the appropriate logic into your XSP for
retrieving that parameter; as your compiled XSP is a generator in the end
you accomplish this by overriding its setup() method and process the
parameter(s) there.

just as a hint (take a look at the respective sources/docs):

<xsp:page language="java" ...>
<xsp:logic>    <!-- must occur before content so that it doesn't become part
of content/generate() method -->
    public void setup (SourceResolver resolver, Map objectModel, String src,
Parameters params) throws ...
    {
        // process parameter(s) here

        super.setup (resolver, objectModel, src, params);
    }
</xsp:logic>

<!-- content here -->
</xsp:page>