cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Rolappe" <m_rola...@web.de>
Subject AW: dynamic served image files
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:27:45 GMT
hi andi,

you didn't tell what the source for the dynamically created wbmp image is.

if it's based on xml input, you could write a corresponding Serializer (have
a look at the respective sources).

another option is to write a Reader (which doesn't actually need to read
something ;-).

third alternative is to completely separate this into its own Servlet.

in all cases the general scheme is the same; create your data (wbmp image)
and write it to the output stream. in the servlet case you get that stream
from the HttpServletResponse. in the cocoon (serializer/reader) case you
could get the respective response object from the Environment, from which
you could then get the OutputStream to write to. fortunately you don't have
to do this, since the OutputStream is handed to you via setOutputStream().
in case of inheriting from AbstractReader you don't even have to handle
this, but access the handed stream via 'out'.

quick example (Reader case), for which I assume you have the image generated
by java code, which contains a method that writes the result to an
OutputStream:

<code>
// imports omitted

public class DynWbmpReader extends AbstractReader
{
	/** get the MIME type of the generated output */
	public String getMimeType ()
	{
		return ("image/vnd.wap.wbmp");
	}

	public void generate () throws IOException, ProcessingException
	{
		YourDynWbmpClass.renderToStream (out);
	}
}