cocoon-users mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: setting the client's character coding/charset to utf
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 13:17:10 GMT

On Dienstag, Februar 4, 2003, at 01:45  Uhr, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I couldn't reproduce this in i18n samples using:
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2.1)
> Gecko/20021130
> Win 2K
> JDK 1.3.1
> Tomcat 4.12

The only browser I found so far which displays the page spontaneously
in UTF-8 is the new Safari Browser from Apple. So it seems to be a
client problem...
...if there only wasn't the fact that the following page
http://www.arabynet.com (I found the link in this list) displays well
in UTF-8 in Mozilla (Linux OSX), IE5.2 (OSX), Chimera (OSX). Why???
This makes me think this cannot be only a client/platform problem.
hmm...?

/Leo