cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Installation of tomcat 3.2.3 and cocoon 2.0.2 in MAC G4
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 12:05:42 GMT

On Friday, Feb 7, 2003, at 10:51 Europe/London, M.Haq wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there anyone who can help me to install tomcat 3.2.3 and cocoon
> 2.0.2 in my MAC G4. No matter what i do I can not get tomcat to
> startup. I have already tried to follow the UNIX installation but it
> does not work, as it says that the commands not found. I cannot get a
> bash cell as bash is not installed in my computer to apply the
> commands that has mentioned in UNIX installation instruction. My cell
> is called Darwin. I don't know how to install tomcat 3.2.3 and cocoon
> 2.0.2 in my MAC G4 from a darwin cell and set up the environment path
> for tomacat and jJAVA_HOME environment.
> - Mahbub

Get TomCat running first. Follow the plentiful instructions on
installing Cocoon in Tomcat once you have TomCat working.

Go to <www.versiontracker.com/> do a search for Tomcat, you will find
several installers and an application called TomCatX for starting and
stopping TomCat. One installer includes a PreferencePane for
controlling TomCat.

If you STILL need to run TomCat from the command line, you need to add
the 'JAVA_HOME' and 'TOMCAT_HOME' environment variables to your system.

Open the Terminal, type:

	cd ~
	ls -la

do you have a file called '.tcshrc'?

make one:

	touch .tcshrc

edit it in your favourite editor to add the following lines:

setenv JAVA_HOME /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home
setenv TOMCAT_HOME /Users/Shared/TomCat    (or wherever you put it)

open a NEW terminal window

type:

	cd $TOMCAT_HOME
	./bin/startup.sh